The building is a fine example of a pre-Georgian residence built in its present form around 1695, just after the Great fire of Warwick. With its front elevation directly on the High street, the rear is accessed via back Lane and enjoys open views of Warwick Castle.
The internal decor has been much preserved to maintain the grandeur expected with Oak panelling in the main dining room and the original galleried staircase.
Externally there has been a careful preservation of the stonework and lead guttering and the building overall is well deserving of its Grade II status
Full details of the interesting, but chequered history can be found on our History page
Into the modern day
In 1961 the building was bought by Alderson House (Warwick) Ltd, a company formed by various Masonic Lodges who still use the building for their meetings today. As a company, Alderson House has a turnover in excess of £140,000 pa
Within the last 10 years there has been an increasing interest by individuals and organisations to use the facilities for non-Masonic, private functions. Amongst these are Wedding receptions, School reunions, Women's Institute (WI) meetings, Public Action rooms and charity dinners.
Part or all of Alderson House, it's Bar, Kitchens and Car Park may be hired for private functions
Click here to view our recent client testimonials
- FULLY LICENCED FOR SALE OF ALCOHOL AND FOR ENTERTAINMENT
- Catering in the air-conditioned Dining room with seating for up to 110 people
- Dedicated catering team to provide your exact customised menu
- Free of use CCTV monitored, secure car park for up to 50 cars, with the facility to leave vehicles overnight
- Bar & Wine prices at much less than normal Hotel prices
- £3-£5 corkage charge if you wish to bring your own table wine or champagne, with storage & cooling facilities available
- Flowers, Linen & flexible table layout to suit your requirements
- No additional charge if you wish to organise for music or a live band (within the terms of our entertainments licence)
- Disabled access and lift from the car park to all function rooms. Separate disabled toilet facilities